Sometimes it is desirable to make a new clean install. The standard uninstallers do not fully clean up everything. This article describes a method to completely remove all traces of Chess Tiger, Gandalf, rebel etc.
Perform the following steps:
1. Use the various uninstallers, these can be accessed either from the start menu or through the control panels add/remove software.
2. Delete the directories where they were installed. usually under c:\Program Files\Lokasoft\... etc or for R11 and G5 c:\Program Files\Rebel\.... etc.
3. Search for files called "LCHSLASTGAME.GME" and delete these. They are used to remember the last game and are usually found in a temp directory.
4. Clean the registry. Only do this step if you are confident with the registry editor. Look for:
Delete the entire ChessPartner 5.0 branch.
Do the same with:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Rebel\Gandalf 5 and possibly Rebel Tiger II
5. You may want to clean out possible entries left on the start menu.
6. Now do a reboot just to be sure.
7. Now you are ready to do a fresh install.