We received the following tips from a customer:
Novag Universal Chess Board driver for human play against Chess Partner engines
Luc Porchon's driver is available from a link on http://www.tim-mann.org/extensions.html
- load ucb.exe into ERT with the Chess Partner engine wizard. Set all features like ponder to off.
- the default ERT engine protocol seems to work fine (eg castling, queening OK).
- ERT match parameters are set to play one game, play to the end and unlimited time so human play isn't halted mid game.
- switch on the Novag board first, then open ERT
- in ERT, load Novag board engine first to play as white or load a Chess Partner engine to play as black.
- after game finish, close down ERT before switching board off, otherwise PC may hang.
- the last move by a Chess Partner engine for check mate is displayed in ERT but doesn't activate the final Novag board move.
- take back of pieces on board is not supported (but as in real play!)
Disclaimer: Above procedure offered at PC users own risk